Panama Coral Reefs

Panama Coral Reefs

Antarctic SeaScience

Antarctic SeaScience

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Whirlwind of a Day but We are Back in PA!

I’m going to start this post with a glimpse of what midnight in Marguerite Bay looks like. It's amazing, at these latitudes we have 24 hours of daylight in the summer. It has been 2 weeks and I am still not used to seeing the sun in the wee hours of the morning.
 
Midnight in Antarctica









We arrived in Rothera around 12:30am this morning, had lunch at the station and a quick look around the base before hopping on a small plane to Punta Arenas. It was a bumpy flight but we made it here safely! It’s been a whirlwind of a day! Dan and I will be hiking the next few days so I will be away from the internet, but I will either bring you more details about the research station when I return on Dec 14th or Katie may have a chance to share with you all. Either way make sure to check back in because I will be posting again after I return from Chile! Below are a few photos to hold you over until then.
-Steph, Katie and Dan     

Steph with Adelaide Island in the background

Standing on the Palmer looking at the water

No comments:

Post a Comment